[News] Censorship Goes Radical and Copyrights Fought Against

BlockShopper bullied into settling over Web links

,----[ Quote ]
| Faced with the potential of crippling legal fees and an unsympathetic judge,
| Internet startup BlockShopper has settled with massive Chicago law firm Jones
| Day over how, exactly, to craft its links to the firm. Goliath wins this
| round.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009/02/blockshopper-bullied-into-settling-over-web-links.ars

Copywrong Song: Remix Challenge and Open Call For Submissions

,----[ Quote ]
| This song has been released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
| 3.0 New Zealand License, which means that it is FREE for you to download,
| share, copy, distribute, sell, remix, and sample provided that you:
|
|    1. Attribute the work to the Creative Freedom Foundation including the url
|    http://creativefreedom.org.nz
|    2. Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may
|    distribute the resulting work but remember that other people get to remix
|    your work too!
|
| In true community spirit, the Copywrong Song has been released encouraging
| participation from one and all, so if you're an established or budding
| musician join in!
|
| Grab the lyrics and chords and then the music.
`----

http://creativefreedom.org.nz/copywrong.html

Recent:

British Government Violates Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| As much as I utterly despise the entire premise of Intellectual Monopoly,
| this is about violating the principles of a Free License, and if it's good
| enough for the British government to violate our civil rights in the name of
| Intellectual Monopoly, then it's good enough for the Free World to protect
| its "property" (in fact Freedom) too…
`----

http://slated.org/british_government_violates_copyright

UK government stole website theme

,----[ Quote ]
| NUMBER 10, the UK Prime Minister's website, is apparently built using a
| design it nicked.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/18/uk-government-stole-website

Number 10 and the Creative Commons