[News] Linux News from the Foundation and a Coming Conference (Kernel)

Linux Foundation Newsletter, February 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| In this month's Linux Foundation newsletter:
|
|     * Collaboration Summit Agenda Announced
|     * LinuxCon Call for Papers
|     * New Style Connects Foundation Web Sites
|     * "We're Linux" Video Contest Still Going Strong
|     * Linux Foundation in the News
|     * From The Director
`----

http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/linux-foundation-newsletter-february-2009

Who’s Speaking at this year’s CollabSummit?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit is the only conference designed to
| enhance collaboration between the Linux community, industry, end users and
| ISVs. Instead of the silo-ed developer conferences or trade shows that fill
| up the year’s calendar, we gather leaders from each of these communities
| together to share knowledge, decide the course of action and accelerate the
| Linux platform.
`----

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/amanda/2009/02/20/whos-speaking-at-this-years-collabsummit

Linux is a Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| This article will discuss the differences between the Linux and Windows
| operating softwares; we discuss some of the pros and cons of each system.
`----

http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1237

Recent:

"We're Linux" - Linux Foundation video contest

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has formally announced the kick off for its "We're
| Linux" video contest, which will be comprised of user-generated video entries
| to promote and "elevate the strengths of Linux." The Linux Foundation is
| hoping that this campaign will help to demonstrate what Linux means to its
| users and that it will inspire others to try it.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/122367

Open Season for Linux Contests

,----[ Quote ]