[News] The Story of an OLPC/Linux Success

Treasures beyond measure

,----[ Quote ]
| I assured him that there indeed was no catch and that the computer was for
| his Daughter. I took a few minutes to explain the computer, OLPC and Linux.
|
| He was grateful beyond expression and I began to feel just a bit
| uncomfortable. Men do that when emotional stuff happens. We like our
| emotional expressions infrequent and mostly bottled up. If it isn't a
| high-five moment, we're pretty much lost and confused by emotional
| expression.
|
| I left and began my day...it wasn't until I got home to check my email that I
| found something I think I will put away. I will only take it out and look at
| during those times when I think the world sucks and 90 percent of the people
| in it do as well.
|
| She's never seen Linux or an OLPC until now. She's 11 years old and she wants
| to study graphic art on her computer.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/02/treasures-beyond-measure.html

Recent:

An Inside Look at how Microsoft got XP on the XO

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/microsoft/how_microsoft_got_xp_on_the_xo.html