Re: [News] [Rival] Windows is Dying ad Margins Fall and GNU/Linux Rises

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Linux chomping at the Netbook market that caught the brilliant Microsoft
>| folks by surprise (anything with "net" in it catches Microsoft by surprise),
>| there's the wonderful gift of Vista.. and the Great Beast stumbles around
>| shedding employees.
> `----
>
> http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/joy_to_the_world.html

Valentines's Day:

   http://www.itexaminer.com/microsoft-realises-its-in-trouble.aspx

   The last few years haven't been especially good ones for Microsoft,
   despite all the many billions in revenues it has extracted from
   businesses and consumers worldwide since it released its last successful
   PC operating system, Windows XP.

   In 2001, Having emerged seemingly unscathed from the US antitrust
   lawsuit, in which it was handed an undeserved pass due to the fortuitous
   election of an extremely corporate-friendly US administration, Microsoft
   appeared to be firmly established as the dominant player in the PC
   software market when it launched Windows XP. In hindsight, however, 2001
   was perhaps the year of the company's high-water mark, as the subsequent
   events including its own actions over the intervening years might seem to
   suggest.  . . .

--
I never pray before meals -- my mom's a good cook.