Re: [News] Abuse of Intellectual Monopolies Does Not Work for Slaughterhouse

Verily I say unto thee, that The Lost Packet spake thusly:
> Tim Smith wrote:
>> In article <slrngpo8l9.jnr.jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JEDIDIAH
>> <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I always find it funny when mindless tree huggers whine about
>>> what happens to the animals at rodeos. Those events are highly
>>> dangerous for all involved and the coyboys and clowns usually
>>> come out of it much more damaged than the animals.
>>
>> The cowboys and clowns are there of their own free will.  The
>> animals are not.

Good grief, that's twice in one day that I agree with Smith.

I need an aspirin.

> "Begging your pardon, sir, but... what's in it for the cat?" - Dave
> Lister, Red Dwarf "The End" (Episode 1.01)

I used to hate cats, purely because they decimate the local wildlife for
no good reason, but now I live in a house with three of them, and I must
admit I've become more tolerant. It's a bit of a paradox really. How can
one care about both the predator and its prey? I feel like I should make
that choice, but I can't ... they're both living, sentient animals, that
deserve respect, because they act only on instinct, and without malice.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 03:21:41 up 105 days, 11:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.11, 0.09