[News] [Rival] New Miserable Ways to Make Money from Windows... by Making Vista Suck

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] New Miserable Ways to Make Money from Windows... by Making Vista Suck
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:33:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Next, Microsoft Will Release An Even Worse Operating System To Jack Up The
Prices On Vista...

,----[ Quote ]
| The launch of Vista has been a massive disappointment for the company, not a
| part of a nefarious strategy to jack up the prices on XP.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090217/0229423793.shtml

Texas Man Gets Prison Time for Software Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| A 24-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to 41 months in prison for selling
| counterfeit software on about 40 Web sites, the U.S. Department of Justice
| said.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/159695/texas_man_gets_prison_time_for_software_piracy.html?tk=rss_news

Days ago:

Vista Versus Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Money, money, money; that's us.
|
| Microsoft should understand that -- just as we understand why Microsoft has
| started to push Vista with arguments ranging from the sincere to the screwy.
| (No, Steve Ballmer, most users won't ask their boss why they can't get Vista
| at work this year; they just want to keep getting a paycheck this year.)
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/159654/vista_upgrades.html?tk=rss_news

Microsoft Denies It Profits From Vista-to-XP Downgrades

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/159646/vista_xp_downgrade.html?tk=rss_news