[News] Lots More GNU/Linux in Virtualisation (Digest)

Fake server beats real server on Web test

,----[ Quote ]
| Server virtualization juggernaut - well, at least on x64 iron - VMware is
| beside itself with glee that a virtualized Linux server running atop ESX
| Server hypervisor narrowly beat out real Linux boxes on a popular Web serving
| benchmark test.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/17/vmware_specweb_test/

Five Perceptual Barriers to Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| Denying the plethora of possibilities with the Linux platform is myopic,
| considering that the largest and most influential names in virtualization;
| VMware, Citrix, Red Hat and Canonical are 100 percent Linux-based.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7249

BOSaNOVA Taps Leostream for Virtualization Partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| BOSaNOVA kicked off its VDI initiative less than a year ago after rolling out
| its first round of virtualized thin clients. By preloading Citrix Systems'
| XenDesktop virtualization software on its Windows and Linux thin clients,
| BOSaNOVA hoped to help streamline the provisioning and management of thin
| client infrastructures, as well as preventing the computer's performance from
| eroding over time.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/fhs/fhs021709-story09.html

"The danger is that Microsoft is using strategic monopolistic pricing in the
education market, with the government’s assistance, to turn our state
university systems into private workforce training programs for Microsoft."

                                                --Nathan Newman

Recent:

5 Reasons VirtualBox Rocks My Socks

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately I've been interested in learning about a variety of the Operating
| Systems that are available today. I'm a big advocate of using the right tool
| for the job so experimenting with the latest OSes is a must in order to
| figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each. While experimentation is a
| great way to learn it can be a bit of a pain to find an old machine, format
| the hard drive, and install an OS. Dual booting is an alternative option, but
| there is the inherent risk of messing up the current state of your machine.
`----

http://www.fiascode.com/general-technology/5-reasons-virtualbox-rocks-my-socks/

5 Linux-based Virtualization Companies to Watch

,----[ Quote ]