Re: Microsoft realizes it's in trouble ..

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 16 February 2009 18:55 : \____

> akin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> ____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 16 February 2009 17:45 : \____
>>
>>> Microsoft's announcement last week that it plans to open its own chain
>>> of retail stores .. could be a sign that the company has realised it's
>>> in trouble ..
>>>
>>> It can be argued that Microsoft is now in serious trouble on several
>>> fronts, mostly due to the consequences of its own bad practices
>>> throughout its history as well as some errors it has committed in recent
>>> years ...
>>>
>>> http://www.itexaminer.com/microsoft-realises-its-in-trouble.aspx
>>
>> Software can be replicated, hardware cannot.
>>
>> Software is becoming a commodity, so if Microsoft does not evolve, it will
>> die.
>>
>> Zune and XBox were early attempts, but they lost $billions.
>>
>> The clock is ticking and Microsoft is near debt.
>
> Just let me know when they're liquidating their office furniture.

For in Molotov cocktails? I think they just throw their furniture over there,
not set them on fire. There are too many towels laying out and about.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-148135.html << good for sweaty employees

> Hey, this sounds just like Quack:
>
> "I don't know what you mean by 'glory'," Alice said.
> Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously.  "Of course you don't --
> till I tell you.  I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"
> "But glory doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice
> objected.
> "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful
> tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
> "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean
> so many different things."
> "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master --
> that's all."

So the Quirky Hadron is "Humpty"?

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie