Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of February, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of February, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:00:44 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:Jnz5VR35bQ+8iIHotSLKrW3qz80=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 909 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     304 1348376     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       120  112782    59%
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         56   21130     8%
   4. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    40   23993    62%
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      39   48838    68%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         32   49465    18%
   7. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     31   57034    72%
   8. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               24    6038    44%
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           21   17547    52%
  10. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   20   37767    78%
  11. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   19   46774    91%
  12. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                       18   16507    48%
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        17   18444    66%
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            17   31057    63%
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           16   25857    72%
  16. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>           13   27098    39%
  17. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12   16937    81%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       12   10048    71%
  19. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               11   27740    28%
  20. unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                              10   35800    67%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   10   14721    14%
  22. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    9   14020    40%
  23. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          6    6324    71%
  24. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                5    4352    72%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               5    7634    89%
      George Kettleborough <g.kettleborough@xxxxxxxxx    5   11713    53%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               5    9330    51%
  28. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                3     996    35%
      Florian Rehnisch <eixman@xxxxxx>                   3    1983    36%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3     853    53%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. multiple distributions are a good thing ..               55   88986
   2. microsoft still doesn't know difference between co       51   83845
   3. Name that troll                                          49   79883
   4. Another happy Linux user                                 36   39768
   5. Block IE where ever you can...                           27   20606
   6. Microsoft shares hit an 11-year low                      21   30351
   7. All Of Our Systems Are Down                              19   15566
   8. Inconsistency in "Linux GUI" debunked                    17   17790
   9. OMG Vista 7 starter edition for Netbooks                 16   17958
      What are Microsoft *really* good at ?                    16   16120
      Microsoft-Sponsored "Net Applications" Hand-tweaks       16   40539
  12. Things just got very quiet                               12    6660
      [News] Rave About Mint Linux, PCLinuxOS 2009 Comin       12   10437
      [News] New NVIDIA Driver Released; Status of Open        12   20015
  15. [News] [Rival] More Layoffs Hit Microsoft                 9    7749
      A book author's LyX experience                            9    8356
      Windows fun                                               9   18954
      Angry shareholders say Microsoft squanders billion        9   14570
  19. The post to point to for the copy / paste sillines        8    9564
      [News] Wintel-corrupted Press is Dying                    8    6678
      [News] Songbird Does Well on GNU/Linux, New FLOSS         8   15225
      So... Which one of you guys wrote this thing?             8    4146
  23. Microsoft's secret deals on open source                   7   11512
      The Microsoft Store                                       7    5154
  25. daftest excuse for a data breach ..                       6    4464
      Psystar sales booming!                                    6   13926
      [News] The Microsoft Movement Attacks Free Softwar        6    8755
      windows does a physical dump ..                           6    2572
      [News] Patents Keep Dying in the US, Interview wit        6    6633
  30. Houston we have a virus ..                                5    1995
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       45
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     34
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        23
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        21
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     17
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   15
   7. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              14
   8. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 12
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          11
  10. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      10
  11. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
  12. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            7
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           7
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         7
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      7
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         7
  17. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               6
  19. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   5
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       5
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           5
  24. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              4
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  27. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              3
      George Kettleborough <g.kettleborough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             3
  29. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Florian Rehnisch <eixman@xxxxxx>                                  2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    142
   2. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        81
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       79
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   5. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        72
   6. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        70
   7. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              69
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          66
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          66
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              66
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   65
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      64
  14. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     63
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    63
  16. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           61
  17. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       60
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          59
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                             59
  20. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 57
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         57
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      57
  23. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           404
   2. slrn                                                            199
   3. Thunderbird                                                      95
   4. BlackBerry                                                       56
   5. G2/1.0                                                           40
      Forte Agent                                                      40
   7. Pan                                                              36
   8. XPN                                                              22
   9. tin                                                               6
  10. Gnus                                                              4
  11. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    3
  12. 40tude_Dialog                                                     2
  13. nn/6.7.3                                                          1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 09:00:23 up 100 days, 16:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.12, 0.03