[News] Fedora GNU/Linux Scores 9 Out of 10

Review: Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| This month’s Linux Format Magazine includes Fedora 10.  I upgraded to Fedora
| 10 a few months ago via a yum upgrade.  I started by looking at Xfce as I’ve
| been using Xfce non-stop ever since starting “I’m Not Mad” in November.  Xfce
| is much lighter than Gnome and I’m able to use Blender more effectively.
| Fedora 10 comes with Xfce 4.4.3.  Overall, nothing major has changed on the
| surface although I know they’ve been doing a lot of work under the hood.
|
| [...]
|
| After writing this review I went in to read LXF’s review to see if I missed
| anything.  The only other things they mentioned were that PackageKit and the
| Printer Adding dialog were much improved.  I think PackageKit is a bit faster
| and a few tweaks make it a better experience vs Fedora 9, but it’s not THAT
| much of an improvement.  LXF gave Fedora 10/10 and I think I’d probably give
| it a 9/10.  So check it out - if you’ve been burned by unstable Fedora
| releases before, you’ll be pleasently surprised with Fedora 10.  And now, I’m
| going back to Xfce….
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2009/02/12/review-fedora-10/

“Analysts sell out - that’s their business model… But they are very concerned
that they never look like they are selling out, so that makes them very
prickly to work with.”

                                –Microsoft, internal document

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

Days ago:

Fedora as Basis of Russia's Operating System?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/02/fedora-as-basis-of-russias-operating.html