[News] Linux Phones Keep Popping Up Everywhere in China

ZTE to show 10 smartphones at Mobile World Congres

,----[ Quote ]
| There had been speculation in the past that ZTE was working on a Google
| Android powered smartphone, possibly for T-Mobile, but we've heard little
| recently to support that notion.
`----

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=6278

ACCESS China and NEC Electronics Develop Smartphone Reference Design

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS China Inc., a subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of
| advanced software technologies to the mobile and beyond-PC markets, and NEC
| Electronics Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions, today
| announced that they have jointly developed a reference design for
| smartphones. This solution is compliant with the CDMA2000 1x mobile
| telecommunications standard and based on ACCESS Linux Platform(TM) mini,
| developed for price-sensitive and emerging markets, and NEC Electronics'
| MP201 application processor.
`----

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-10-2009/0004969443&EDATE=

The dying playerat the moment is Windows Mobile.

Recent:

Why I Switched to Android from the iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The philosophical reasons:
|
|     * Android is open source.
|     * Because it’s open source, many of my favorite open source apps work
|     with it and not the iPhone yet, like KeePass, for example. (See
|     KeePassDroid.)
|     * Android’s apps are written in Java, and as a Java developer, this
|     delights me.
|     * Android doesn’t tie me to iTunes, which is a fine piece of software,
|     but is just a little too bossy and proprietary-like for my taste.
`----

http://smarterware.org/184/why-i-switched-to-android-from-the-iphone

Android Diary I

,----[ Quote ]