Re: [News] [Rival] More Layoffs Hit Microsoft

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Razorfish cuts more staff

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's online ad agency Razorfish is slashing staff again. The agency | laid off 70 employees yesterday in its West coast offices of Seattle, | Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The job cuts follow two other rounds | of layoffs last year, in October and December. `----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Razorfish_cuts_more_staff39238862.html

I've noticed some new MS television ads in the past few days. I believe they are text with neither pictures nor voice (read: low budget), although I've only caught snippets of a couple of them. They have a stark black-and-white motif. They are directed at businesses, which is somewhat unusual for TV where I am. The timing (during the economic downturn) makes me think they are defending against encroachment by Linux in business IT.