[News] [Rival] More New Signs That Windows is F***ed, Mini-Microsoft May be Leaving

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More New Signs That Windows is F***ed, Mini-Microsoft May be Leaving
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 03:23:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows 7 'upgrade' doesn't mark XP spot

,----[ Quote ]
| But this being Redmond there is a caveat: XP customers have to perform a
| clean install of Windows 7. This means wiping their computer hard drive’s
| data first, which doesn’t sound much like an upgrade to us.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/02/05/windows_xp_7_vista_upgrade/

Time To Take a Mini-Microsoft Pause

,----[ Quote ]
| Right now, I'm going through a long building change in perspective and simply
| reconsidering where I want to focus my energy and spare time (hint: writing,
| but not here). Also, you can only bang your head on the wall for so long
| without something getting knocked loose that probably needs to be put back in
| place.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2009/02/time-to-take-mini-microsoft-pause.html

Microsoft is dying. Many top executives have already quit.

Recent:

Microsoft won't disclose full extent of job cuts

,----[ Quote ]
| So, in short, we're not going to be getting much more info from Microsoft. We
| do have to say though, considering all the nice, helpful people that have
| recently lost their gigs, that last sentence is pretty icy.
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/27/microsoft-wont-disclose-full-extent-of-job-cuts/

A jittery ride for Microsoft workers

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_workers_along_for_the_ride_--_or_not38457889.html

Microsoft tightens its belt further

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2235081/microsoft-tightens-belt-further

Layoffs Slice Into Microsoft’s Gaming Operations

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-layoffs-slice-into-microsofts-gaming-operations/

Microsoft should have made deeper cuts, analysts contend

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_should_have_made_deeper_cuts_analysts_contend38239219.html