[News] BitTorrent Product Power by GNU/Linux

Linux-driven BitTorrent appliance ships

,----[ Quote ]
| Myka is shipping an embedded Linux device that downloads, stores, and plays
| BitTorrent media files on an attached TV. Available in 80GB, 160GB, and 500GB
| models, plus a Developer's Edition with a 1TB disk, the Myka appliances
| offload BitTorrent peer-to-peer duties from a PC.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2052643284.html?kc=rss

Linux dev service offers free videos, "mainstreaming"

,----[ Quote ]
| Free Electrons has posted 32 free videos from last November's CELF Embedded
| Linux Conference Europe (ELCE). Additionally, the company says it will work
| for free to get any drivers or BSPs (board support packages) it is hired to
| create merged into the mainline Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9097844578.html?kc=rss

Related:

Myka sneaks BitTorrent into the living room

,----[ Quote ]
| OK, perhaps not so sneaky, there's a nice big BitTorrent logo right up front,
| but Myka seems to be quite the end-to-end solution for getting those torrents
| up on the big screen. The box hooks up to the internet via LAN or WiFi,
| includes a 80GB, 160GB or a 500GB drive for storage and runs a torrent client
| on Linux.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/21/myka-sneaks-bittorrent-into-the-living-room/

TorrentFlux.com - PHP BitTorrent Client for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source torrent client TorrentFlux is made ready to be installed on Linux
| run servers.
`----

http://www.killerstartups.com/Web-App-Tools/TorrentFluxcom---PHP-BitTorrent-Client-for-Linux/

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/