[News] JP Morgan Shows That Even FraudStreet Contributes to Free Software

JP Morgan CDS Analytical Engine becoming open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "J.P. Morgan has invested a lot of intellectual capital in this analytical
| engine. Its willingness to assign this to ISDA for us to make it available as
| open source to the entire industry demonstrates our collective commitment to
| the integrity of the CDS product," said Robert Pickel, Executive Director and
| Chief Executive Officer, ISDA. "ISDA and its members are vigilant to public
| concerns around transparency. This is yet another measure of increased
| standardization in CDS."
`----

http://www.anotherfp.com/newsite/story.php?id=832

JPMorgan sacrifices CDS engine to open source in bid to stave off legislation

,----[ Quote ]
| The CDS analytical engine, originally developed by the Quantitative Research
| group at JPMorgan, is widely used in the industry to price CDS contracts.
|
| Isda says it will make the technology available as open source code, thereby
| increasing transparency around CDS pricing.
`----

http://www.finextra.com/fullstory.asp?id=19587

Recent:

Open source trading platform could be a win for Wall Street

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux and open source software are a key component in the underlying
| infrastructure of the finance industry, but the higher layers of the stack
| are still dominated by a multitude of proprietary, in-house solutions. A
| software startup called Marketcetera aims to change that with a new, open
| source platform for building automated trading systems.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090114-open-source-trading-platform-could-be-a-win-for-wall-street.html

Bringing Open Source Software to Trading Desks

,----[ Quote ]
| Marketcetera, a Silicon Valley-based start-up, has developed open-source
| trading software that it says will make the creation of custom financial
| trading systems easier and cheaper. Rather than creating their own products,
| financial services firms, hedge funds and others can pick up the Marketcetera
| Platform software and use it as a basic framework for their operations. The
| financial companies just plug their algorithms and trading policies into the
| system and let it handle the demanding processing jobs required to obtain and
| analyze financial data.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/bringing-open-source-software-to-trading-desks/

Trading Up to Open Source