Google Labels Entire Internet As Dangerous

Crossposts snipped.

A wintroll using the name sampurnashresthaoperator@xxxxxxxxx FUDded RoyS and
1/2 of Usenet today with the following trash:-

> www.boycottnovell.com is a site that appears to be infested with
> trojans. The site loads extremely slowly and at times renders Safari
> useless. Since I visted that site my Windows computer has been running
> very slow and experiencing a lot of outbound requests which my Sygate
> firewall seems to be blocking.
> Avoid the site www.boycottnovell.com is my advice.

The true facts are of course, another matter entirely. Just ask yourself, if
the wintrolls are willing to pervert the truth so badly about a pro Linux
posters website, what length are they willing to go to to *lie* about
GNU/Linux ?

Can anybody believe *anything* the wintrolls post ?

begin{quote}
Earlier this morning, you may have been surprised to see that every Google
search you performed resulted in links to sites which were, according to
Google, potentially harmful to your computer. As it turns out, Google's
malware detection system got a little trigger-happy - due to a human error.

Google's malware detector works via a partnership with the non-profit
organisation StopBadware.org, who aid Google by supplying them with a list
of sites known to install malware. Google updates these lists regularly,
but sadly, the URL "/" got accidentally added to the list- effectively
blacklisting every asite on the internet (except YouTube, actually).

Unfortunately (and here's the human error), the URL of '/' was mistakenly
checked in as a value to the file and '/' expands to all URLs. Fortunately,
our on-call site reliability team found the problem quickly and reverted
the file. Since we push these updates in a staggered and rolling fashion,
the errors began appearing between 6:27 a.m. and 6:40 a.m. and began
disappearing between 7:10 and 7:25 a.m., [all time sin PST] so the duration
of the problem for any particular user was approximately 40 minutes."

The error was quickly fixed by Google, and the company has promised to
review their policies regarding the malware detector blacklists, and
assures us it won't happen again.
end{quote}

http://osnews.com/story/20887/Google_Labels_Entire_Internet_As_Dangerous

Join the winning team, and get your Free GNU/Linux/Ubuntu LIVE CD at :-
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008