[News] Extensive Coverage from Australian GNU/Linux Conference

LinuxConf Tasmania 2009: Devils, Schoolgirls, Never Reboot Again, Geekcars, and
More

,----[ Quote ]
| This is your faithful correspondent, reporting from LinuxConf Australia (LCA)
| in Hobart, Tasmania, where it's been an eventful week packed with Linux
| information.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6652/1/

"I’d be glad to help tilt lotus into into the death spiral. I could do it
Friday afternoon but not Saturday. I could do it pretty much any time the
following week."

                --Brad Silverberg, Microsoft

"look what znix is doing! cut those fuckers off."

                --Brad Silverberg, Microsoft

Recent:

Congratulations Mr President - Linux Australia goes to the vote

,----[ Quote ]
| A new President is about to be inaugurated; yes, Linux Australia's Council is
| in the midst of its general elections with the results to be declared at the
| annual general meeting held as part of Linux.Conf.Au (LCA) 2009.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22813/1143/

Building A PC Case From Spare Shampoo Bottles

,----[ Quote ]
| A feature of Linux.conf.au 2009 in Hobart is Batteries Not Included, a
| tech-influenced art event -- and one of the more striking installation ideas
| is the Frank Zappa Project, a garbage bin for collecting plastic shampoo
| bottles from delegate hotel rooms to be recycled into casing for machines
| built as part of the OLPC project.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2009/01/22/building_a_pc_case_from_spare_shampoo_bottles.html

Live from Down Under: Report from Linux.conf.au 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| For FOSS fans, there's no better place to be this week than Hobart, state
| capitol of the Australian state Tasmania. That's where Linux.conf.au 2009 is
| being held through Saturday, January 24.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/live_from_down_under_report_from_linux_conf_au_2009
http://tinyurl.com/cq2jsy

LCA2009: Going the Satellite route with Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| The company in question is Red Hat; its revenue went up 22 percent in the
| third US quarter, with earnings going up by 20 percent. Those are certainly
| figures that no-one would sneeze at.
|
| Hence, it was to be expected that Richard Keech, who works for Red Hat
| locally as principal consultant, would be wearing a grin on his face when I
| met him to discuss the talk he gave at the Australian national Linux
| conference in Hobart.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22794/1148/

LCA2009: That mysterious thing called the kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22797/1148/