[News] More Funding for Postgres-based Product, Microsoft's Financial Press on FOSS

  • Subject: [News] More Funding for Postgres-based Product, Microsoft's Financial Press on FOSS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:25:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

EnterpriseDB Completes Another Exceptional Year

,----[ Quote ]
| EnterpriseDB, the leading enterprise open source database company, today
| announced the company's 2008 results, including growth in new customer
| accounts of more than 50% and comparable bookings growth. Other
| accomplishments in 2008 included the launch of the Postgres Plus product
| family, a $16 million Series C financing, two key strategic partnerships, and
| new company leadership. For more information about EnterpriseDB and free
| downloads of EnterpriseDB's award-winning Postgres Plus products, visit
| www.enterprisedb.com.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0469503.htm

Why I'm short on BBBB

,----[ Quote ]
| 2) Open Source - This is related to #1 in a way. Schools can effectively cut
| budgets by switching to open source solutions. Why pay for Blackboard when
| there are open source technologies like Moodle and Collab available? I'm
| perfectly aware that Blackboard provides a better quality service (at a
| price), but I've personally used all three services and its advantages are
| few. Also, many public schools (especially at the High School level and
| below) are out of the loop as far as open source technologies go. You'll see
| open source more at the collegiate level.
`----

http://caps.fool.com/blogs/viewpost.aspx?bpid=136207&t=01009085231004627924

Recent:

Sun Microsystems launches database software, optimistic about Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/11/07/08/sun-microsystems-launches-database-software-optimistic-about-philippines