[News] Microsoft MVP Prefers GNU/Linux on His Sub-notebooks

Waiting for the HP Mini Mi Edition with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| It is coming with a 60GB HDD, but the most interesting thing on this new
| model is that HP distributes the device with a Linux-based OS, with
| apparently very fast boot times and some other uber-connected software
| features.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/6167

Recent:

Netbooks Poised to Be the New OS Battleground?

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2009, it won’t be the “year of the desktop” for any operating system–
| instead, the coveted trophy seems to be “year of the netbook.”
|
| Linux, thus far, has been a serious contender in the mobile Internet device
| (MID) category–small- to mid-size devices with more oomph than a smartphone
| but less power than an notebook or laptop. Typically these devices, which
| Intel has coined netbooks, share the common feature of being pre-installed
| with a basic toolset to surf the net and get some work done: browser, media
| viewers, word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail client. They also usually have
| solid-state on-board sotrage capacity, like super-agile internal Flash
| drives.
`----

http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/linuxwins/2009/01/19/netbooks-poised-to-be-the-new-os-battleground/

Looking for Linux, but sold out