[News] K Desktop Environments (4.2) Reaches Feature Completeness Under New Framework

  • Subject: [News] K Desktop Environments (4.2) Reaches Feature Completeness Under New Framework
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:43:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE 4.2 Is The Answer

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time, the KDE 4 series achieves feature completion to make it a
| great rival to KDE 3 and a perfect choice for future KDE distributions. Sure,
| I found some issues with this release, but all the great features and
| improvements more than make up for it, and not everyone is as picky as I am.
| Overall, KDE 4.2 is used happily on all of my comptuers and I look forward to
| further developments from the KDE team.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=167

a big day

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of dancing and drinking afterwards at the after parties (plural :) and
| when I eventually got up mid-morning I had a couple hundred emails waiting
| for me, way too many of which required my attention. I ended up unexpectedly
| in a few online meetings which altered my expected schedule significantly. Oh
| well, tomorrow's another day ... on which I have two more presentations to
| give.
|
| In that same time, The Dot got a great new look and KDE 4.2 was released.
|
| Exciting times indeed!
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/big-day.html

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/28/some-things-need-to-change/

New features in KDE 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE team has released version 4.2 of KDE 4. The release of KDE 4.0 a year
| ago laid the foundations for reinventing the KDE desktop – as well as
| attracting plenty of criticism, with the initial release of KDE 4 containing
| numerous bugs and overall, looking far from being a mature product.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/122499

Recent:

Straight from KDE 4.2.60 (KDE 4.3 trunk)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/01/kontact-kmail.html