Re: Internet Explorer 8 is a Pig (Slowest Browser)

On Jan 28, 1:32 pm, nrball...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Jan 28, 7:41 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> > Internet Explorer 8, RC1: Photos
>
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | IE8 still trails the opposition by an awful amount; removing Opera from the
> > | comparison would leave IE8 at almost three times slower than its nearest
> > | competitor.
> > `----
>
> >http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Internet-Explorer-8-RC1-Pho...
>
> > Gap Widens Between Open Source Browsers and Others
>
> >http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/01/27/gap-widens-between-open-source-b...
>
> Here's where the irony starts to set in: a well-respected, high-
> profile software firm like Microsoft is no longer capable of making a
> product that outperforms the so-called FOSS "crapware".  It's no
> wonder they have to use mob tactics to push their products...

It is amazing, isn't it?  People used to say that Microsoft would get
it right on the 3rd try.  Windows has been copying Apple for so long
that they're finally converging in terms of features, if not
security.   So what is it with IE?  Is it the failure of Microsoft to
devote sufficient resources to it?  Is it that the original IE code
base is such a mess that no one could straighten it out? (probably)
Is it that Microsoft programmers are incompetent?  (I don't think
so.)   Is it that Microsoft management is incapable of thinking in any
other mode besides Let's destroy the competition and then people will
*have* to buy our crappy product?  (probably some of that, too, but
it's not working in the case of IE).