[News] [Rival] Microsoft BetaVista7 Under Antitrust Scrutiny

Windows 7 to be 'thoroughly' tested by antitrust regulators

,----[ Quote ]
| Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft Corp.'s
| compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more
| thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system were tested,
| according to a recently-released status report filed with the federal judge
| watching over the company.
|
| The three-member panel of computer experts that works for state antitrust
| officials has had a copy of Windows 7 since at least last March, but in
| December 2008, Microsoft delivered additional documentation to the technical
| committee.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9126859

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

Windows 7 Anti-Competitive in Nature?

,----[ Quote ]
| Now it is time for the Windows 7 Anti-Competitive in Nature part. I opened
| IE8Beta2 and it prompted me to choose either express settings or customizable
| settings….. which do you think I picked. I did not want to search with Live
| Search. I do not want to Define with Encarta. I never want to blog with Live
| Spaces. Most of all I just want to use Google Mail instead of Windows Live
| Mail. Not that I have anything against Live mail as I do have an account and
| it does look really nice as the designers have finally figured out what we
| the customer wants. :)
|
| I had decided to go to customize the preferences… Guess what! The Windows
| Live stuff is still recommened in every box that pops up afterward! it
| doesn’t want you to use google search. It doesn’t want you to use maps with
| google or yahoo. This started to just get plain Silly as all I could do was
| to keep myself from deleting the IE8 executable from the computer and not
| leave any marks on that nice computer.
`----

http://ryanorser.com/?p=744

Related:

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

Over A Year Later And Windows Vista Is Still Not Worth It

,----[ Quote ]
| So there you go, reasons enough to look elsewhere for your next desktop OS
| and if there was one aspect to the entire desktop OS market that really
| grabbed my attention over the last year it would have to be just how much
| better the alternatives to Windows have become. Both OSX and Ubuntu in
| particular have grow from something I would have only recommended to fellow
| gurus to full-fledged alternatives that in some cases even provide a
| significantly better experience for the desktop user than Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2007/11/01/over-a-year-later-and-windows-vista-is-still-not-worth-it/

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]