[News] Internet Forces Corruption Out in UK, MAFIAA Suffers Setback in UK

Score one for public openness

,----[ Quote ]
| The internet makes openness in politics not only possible but unstoppable,
| says Bill Thompson.
|
| [...]
|
| Unhappy with the outcome, the Government proposed to exempt MPs from the
| Freedom of Information Act and offered instead to publish a more detailed
| breakdown of how allowances are spent.

Music pirates will not be disconnected from the internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet service providers will not be forced to disconnect users who
| repeatedly flout the law by illegally sharing music and video files, The
| Times has learnt.
|
| Andy Burnham, the Culture Secretary, said last year that the Government
| had “serious legislative intent” to compel internet companies to cut off
| customers who ignore warnings not to pirate material.
`----

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5586761.ece

Recent:

British Government Violates Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| As much as I utterly despise the entire premise of Intellectual Monopoly,
| this is about violating the principles of a Free License, and if it's good
| enough for the British government to violate our civil rights in the name of
| Intellectual Monopoly, then it's good enough for the Free World to protect
| its "property" (in fact Freedom) too…
`----

http://slated.org/british_government_violates_copyright

Music stars unite to seek control