[News] Wikipedia and Mozilla Promote Ogg Together

Mozilla Grant will help Wikipedia Support Video

,----[ Quote ]
| The proliferation of standards-based video sharing and collaboration is set
| to take off with a $US100,000 grant from the Mozilla Foundation to fund the
| development of the Ogg Theora video codec and server-side streaming software.
|
| Wikimedia developer Michael Dale announced the sponsorship during a
| presentation on Wikipedia's video content initiatives at this year's
| Linux.conf.au conference in Hobart.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/158281/mozilla_video_granted.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Ask Apple to Support Ogg on iPod/iTunes

,----[ Quote ]
| Please ask Apple to support Ogg on their iPods, iPhones, and iTunes! It
| wouldn't hurt to also sign this petition (and maybe this one), though I don't
| know how strongly they'd influence Apple. Here's why, as good news and bad
| news.
`----

http://www.dwheeler.com/blog/2009/01/10/#ask-apple-support-ogg-ipod

Firefox 3.1 beta 1 adds support for OGG formats

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s going to be easier to use this format if millions of users will be able
| to play it without adding additional plugins. This is really a major
| milestone for open standards on the web. The pressure on patented formats
| like the whole MPEG4 family will increase.
`----

http://maffulli.net/2008/10/16/firefox-31-beta-1-adds-support-for-ogg-formats/

Ogg on the Rise

,----[ Quote ]
| And things are looking up on the audio front as well, with more and more
| sites casting Ogg Vorbis streams and downloads. The Canadian Broadcasting
| Corporation has been streaming Ogg for quite some time (CBC Radio 1, 2, and
| 3), as well as Germany's Deutschlandradio. More recently the U.S. National
| Public Radio station affiliate, WBUR Boston has begun streaming Ogg Vorbis.
| And, after a brief visit to New Zealand last August by Richard Stallman, we
| received word from Radio New Zealand that they had begun providing Oggcasts
| of much of their programming.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/OggOnTheRise

Firefox to Support Open Video Format in Next Release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://internet.boredblogs.net/?p=2363