[News] iPhone Runs Linux, Android Phones Become Hackable, Multi-Touch-Enabled

iPhone Linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| The iPhone is certainly known for its elegance and beauty, but around these
| parts it's also known for being closed and proprietary. The Open Source
| community does a little cheer when we hear about jailbreaking the iPhone --
| but soon we'll have even more to party about. Led by planetbeing (a member of
| the iPhone Dev Team), the project has successfully booted the 2.6 Linux
| kernel on one of the little beasties. It's still very much in the early
| stages, but now the forbidden fruit will be able to run Linux under its peel.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/iphone-linux

Multi-Touch Running On Hacked Googlephone

,----[ Quote ]
| How does it work? Luke has patched the Linux kernel of the Android OS to
| tweak the (Synaptics) touchpad driver. As this is a software only
| modification, we assume that the abilities to sense multiple fingers are
| built in to the hardware already.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/01/multi-touch-run.html

Sparsh: An open source multi-touch display

,----[ Quote ]
| A group of engineering students in India have come together to create a
| multi-touch display that looks very similar to what Microsoft Surface can do.
| The display is called Sparsh and can be see in action above.
|
| There are some key differences to Surface, however. For one, this was created
| by a group of students in just eight weeks. On top of that it is open source
| meaning the technology can be developed and used by anyone suggesting a
| potential competitor to Microsoft Surface is already viable.
`----

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/sparsh-an-open-source-multi-touch-display-20090126/

Multi-touch appears on G1 Android- proves value of open source

http://jkontherun.com/2009/01/26/multi-touch-appears-on-g1-android-proves-value-of-open-source/

Recent:

Android Diary I

,----[ Quote ]