[News] Power of Choice Makes Linux Blazin' Fast

3 ways to turbocharge your Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Manufacturers and PC vendors would have you believe that there's only one way
| to speed up your machine: buy new kit.
|
| And then, in 18 months, buy new kit again. However, it's usually our software
| that's the real bottleneck.
|
| If you've been using Linux for a while, you'll already have discovered
| lighter alternatives to some of the platform's bloatfests – for example,
| using AbiWord and Gnumeric in the place of OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/3-ways-to-turbocharge-your-linux-desktop-500945

Recent:

Lighten up your desktop.

,----[ Quote ]
| For those of you who have older machinery or just wish to extract every ounce
| of speed from your machine there is a new offering that has just hit the
| Debian Lenny repositories. It is called LXDE. You can find more information
| about it from their web site here.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/lighten-up-your-desktop-26147

Lightweight GNOME alternative emerges

,----[ Quote ]
| A fast, fast-booting, implementation of GNOME aimed at netbooks and older
| hardware has emerged, and shows "a lot of promise." LXDE has already stacked
| up a heap of distribution partners.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7428727466.html?kc=rss

Open source, agile help move to lean software development

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/software-quality/open-source-agile-help-move-to-lean-software-development/
http://tinyurl.com/78kdd3