[News] LGPL in Wireless

Open Standards + Community Support = Healthy Wireless Networks

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenSAF is an open source community project developing a high availability
| base platform HA middleware under the LGPL.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Open-Standards--Community-Support--Healthy-Wireless-Networks-65945.html

Recent:

Wireless Linux Terminal Services

,----[ Quote ]
| Schools like terminal servers. How else can you explain the popularity of
| Microsoft's RDP server to provide file-sharing and controlled Internet access
| to it's laptop owning students?
|
| The problem is that MS RDP is:
|
|     * quite expensive
|     * creates complex licence issues
|     * pretty slow
|     * requires a hi-spec laptop to run the RDP client
|
| The ideal solution for a school would be good old netboot or PXE boot. The
| client computer does not need to have school applications installed nor even
| have a functioning OS. It fetches all it needs from the server.
`----

http://www.siriusit.co.uk/myblog/wireless-linux-terminal-services.html

Open-Source Wireless Routing

,----[ Quote ]
| Netgear has delivered an excellent router and one that gives advanced users
| an option, since there's only a handful of routers out there that support
| open-source firmware without massive amounts of hacking. It also provides an
| open-source option that VARs can discuss with customers when deploying or
| upgrading this type of networking solution.
`----

http://www.crn.com/networking/211201692

NETGEAR Launches Open Source WGR614L Wireless-G Router

,----[ Quote ]
| NETGEAR launches Open Source edition of wireless-G router enabling Linux
| developers, geeks, hackers and enthusiasts to create Firmware for specialized
| applications
|
| Open Source Wireless-G Router (WGR614L) delivers higher processing power and
| more memory for a Wide Variety of customized applications. The product is
| supported by a dedicated and responsive open source community.
`----

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/wgr614l-wireless-g-router.html

Netgear betas open source NAS OS

,----[ Quote ]