[News] A Look at KDE 4.3 (Trunk) and Amarok2

Straight from KDE 4.2.60 (KDE 4.3 trunk)

,----[ Quote ]
| I guess this is everything for this week, as you can see KMail is pretty
| useful, easy to set up (if you use the first run wizard) and, with some
| tweaks here and there, you can get a impressively clean, uncluttered, yet,
| useful interface :-)
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/01/kontact-kmail.html

Amarok2 and redefinition of awesomeness

,----[ Quote ]
| Fully aware of the fact that this post will bring no change to Amarok or KDE,
I am setting out to write this nonetheless. I know I should have been more
| constructive, but this is all I got to spare right now.
|
| With the disclaimer out of the way, I used to be a KDE user and devoted
| Amarok user. Even when fancy took me to run Gnome, I used to run Amarok
| faithfully. Nothing unique, many Gnome users do the same.
|
| [...]
|
| UI : We programmers sometimes get so blinded by our creation that we see
| nothing past it. The plasma widget in center is exact case of that.
`----

http://gnufied.org/2009/01/23/amarok2-and-redefinition-of-awesomeness/

Recent:

Banner selection for KDE 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Some weeks ago Emil Sedgh told me that there is a countdown banner for KDE
| 4.2. That one is on kde.org as well
`----

http://blog.rakekniven.de/2009/01/18/banner-selection-for-kde-42/

My sweet desktop environment - KDE 4.2 RC

,----[ Quote ]
| About a month ago I installed Gentoo Linux on my MacBook Pro as I’ve become
| really disappointed with OSX. Being a linux user for a few years it’s hard to
| get used to such a limited operating system like OSX…Anyway I just want to
| show you some screenshots of a just released KDE 4.2 RC that is totally
| amazing…
|
| [...]
|
| This is something like QuickSilver in OSX. I use KRunner to open applications
| or access files, but you can use it for many other tasks like calculations,
| spell checking, opening web bookmarks etc.
`----

http://blog.solnic.eu/2009/01/18/my-sweet-desktop-environment-kde-42-rc

KDE 4.2 RC Released for Final Testing

,----[ Quote ]
| January 13th, 2009. The KDE Community today announced the immediate
| availability of "Cilense", (a.k.a KDE 4.2 Release Candidate), the only
| planned release candidate for the KDE 4.2 desktop. Cilense is aimed at
| testers and reviewers. It should provide a solid ground to report last-minute
| bugs that need to be tackled before KDE 4.2.0 is released. Reviewers can use
| this release candidate to get a first look at the upcoming KDE 4.2 desktop
| which provides significant improvements all over the desktop and
| applications. It is not recommended for everyday use, however.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.2-rc.php

KDE 4.1.4 and 4.2 Release Candidate Available Now

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE community has made available two new releases of the KDE desktop and
| applications today. KDE 4.1.4 is the latest update for the KDE 4.1 series.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1231885724/

Call for Organisation of KDE 4.2 Release Parties

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1231109318/