Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of January, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of January, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:01:05 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:BP0luw4J/rpYUYJmWU16e7hIlJ8=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1088 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     294  994422     6%
   2. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         90   33447     7%
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        61   63641    65%
   4. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            58   70151    45%
   5. George Barca <georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxx>          56   80366    56%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         46  104860    17%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    46   21735    52%
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      43   65503    70%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   43   67167    38%
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        42   56248    50%
  11. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   33   50485    61%
  12. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               28    5609    41%
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           24   32890    81%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       24   35370    70%
  15. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   23   32275    85%
  16. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   21   75921    25%
  17. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               20   25906    77%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           20   30737    48%
  19. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               13   75197     9%
  20. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  7   12208    61%
      Ignoramus14219 <ignoramus14219@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    7   10071    71%
  22. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6    3819    52%
  23. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               5    8477    78%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    5    5142    71%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5    7661    82%
      Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@xxxxxxxxx>          5    6788    62%
  27. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             4    6093    69%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               4    5031    34%
  29. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>           3    1324    44%
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                               3    5409    69%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Windows backdoored, Linux is our savior                  66   80716
   2. EU: Microsoft 'shields' IE from competition              55   69682
   3. [News] EU Charges Microsoft with Unlawful Competit       42   58867
   4. Firefox use is 4x that of IE, GNU/Linux use is 4x        32   46450
   5. Writing a book on Linux for students, suggestions        23   29059
   6. GNU/Linux is popping up everywhere!                      17   26811
      Weirdness on my boss's XP laptop                         17   20531
   8. Dish Network DVRs run Linux                              16   25693
   9. Installing Windows 7 on the Aspire One, or Any Oth       15   23998
  10. Congratulations to Apple OS/X                            14   31936
      [News] Amazon and NewEgg AstroTurf Confirmed; Is M       14   25495
  12. What is this group about ?                               13    8597
  13. Microsoft Cuts 10,000+ Jobs?                             11   38935
      'Vista Capable' case could cost Microsoft $8.5B          11   22772
      [News] Reform Sought for Intellectual Monopolies,        11   16154
      Comes: How Microsoft Attacked Linux in Wal-Mart (F       11   19978
      [News] GNU/Linux Can Protect from Suppressive Regi       11   27821
  18. what makes Apple's Mac OSX more secure than Micros       10    9062
      A Linux advocacy guide - focus on the positives.         10   38335
      calls for open source government ..                      10    7242
      Windows 7 crashes while downloading                      10   20223
      Microsoft slashes up to 5,000 jobs                       10    7588
      What's Microsoft's Next Move In Netbook Game?            10   14794
  24. moonlight not so easy to obtain/install                   9   19821
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Knew Vista Was Rubbish We        9   16771
      Windows 7 -- Ho hum                                       9    9485
      Obama asks McNealy for advice on Open Source              9   14827
      OT: How does Snot do it?                                  9    2654
      Windows, Linux, and Car Radios                            9   48302
  30. Besides Windows, other trouble spots at Microsoft         8   13700
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     56
   2. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           42
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        41
   4. George Barca <georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxx>                         38
   5. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       34
   6. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        29
   7. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        27
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     21
   9. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              19
  10. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     16
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   15
  12. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       14
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              14
  14. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      13
  15. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 12
  16. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
  17. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              8
  18. Ignoramus14219 <ignoramus14219@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              7
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           7
  20. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          6
  21. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           5
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
  24. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 4
      savidmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         4
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@xxxxxxxxx>                         4
  28. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               3
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              3
      Allen Kistler <ackistler@xxxxxxxxx>                               3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    132
   2. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        85
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              73
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          72
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   69
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       68
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              68
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        68
  10. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           67
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          66
  12. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 65
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       65
      George Barca <georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxx>                         65
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     63
  16. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
  17. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                60
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  19. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          59
  20. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
  21. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     55
  22. Ignoramus14219 <ignoramus14219@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             32
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           456
   2. Thunderbird                                                     152
   3. slrn                                                            126
   4. Forte Agent                                                      99
   5. BlackBerry                                                       90
   6. G2/1.0                                                           71
   7. Pan                                                              37
   8. XPN                                                              31
   9. tin                                                               7
  10. Gnus                                                              5
  11. TkNews                                                            3
      Mozilla                                                           3
  13. hidden                                                            2
  14. MicroPlanet-Gravity                                               1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Microsoft Windows Mail                                            1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 09:00:52 up 79 days, 16:43,  5 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.26, 0.21