[News] New Version of Long-term Support Ubuntu GNU/Linux Released

Ubuntu 8.04.2 LTS released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu team has released Ubuntu 8.04.2, the second maintenance update to
| the "long term support" (LTS) version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution,
| released in April 2008. The new release includes over two hundred updates,
| covering a range of bugs and security issues. The LTS updates focus on
| improving stability and compatibility.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/122271

Top 10 Applications to Install After Installing Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok - in my opinion, this is the greatest music player and collection
| management for the Linux platform. I think it's also a killer application for
| Linux with all the features it has.
|
| SMPlayer - one of the most powerful video players for Linux using the mplayer
| engine, and including support for DVDs, DVD ISO images, Matroska video files
| and much, much more. A must-have.
|
| KTorrent - for me this is the BitTorrent client of choice. It has all the
| features I need, including the possibility to only download certain files in
| torrents, a feature which some other clients lack.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/01/top-10-applications-to-install-after.html

Related:

Ubuntu Works!

,----[ Quote ]
| The joy of free software. All I had to do is pull out a blank CD and make a
| copy for her. No fuss, no muss, no shrink-wrap licenses or fees.
|
| And knowing that I've got at least one Live CD that just ups and runs on the
| school's computers feels really good.
`----

http://catsonkeyboards.blogspot.com/2008/08/ubuntu-works.html

Ubuntu team readies for 8.04.1