Re: Microsoft Chief on Linux: "I am Scared" (Comes vs MS - exhibit px07168)

Rex Ballard wrote:

"One that I thought of while on the trip that I used dealt with the fact you need to recompile your apps, etc when a new release of Linux comes out"

This was one of the key objectives of LSB 3.0  ..

In an email talking up bogus patent and indemnification issues directed at RedHat and IBM customers and instead of lending credence to that FUD, couldn't you have just pointed out that no one ever *needed* to upgrade to a new release of Linux, or that their old apps would most probably still work on their 'new release' ...