[News] Latest Coverage from Australia's Linux Conference

LCA2009: Collaborating across distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| Krafft devoted a session at Australia's national Linux conference in Hobart
| today to presenting details about the concept; his talk was
| titled "Cross-distro collaboration: packaging with modern version control
| systems."
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22791/1148/

LCA2009: Building trust through the abundance mindset

,----[ Quote ]
| Systems administrator, author and activist Tom Limoncelli kicked off
| Australia's 10th national Linux conference proper in Hobart this morning with
| the first keynote.
|
| Limoncelli spoke about the two mindsets that prevail in the IT community -
| that of scarcity and abundance - and how focusing on the latter could free up
| energy for creative ways of dealing with the problems that IT people face at
| work, in their communities and in life as well.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22786/1148/

Recent:

LCA2009: Getting FOSS developers and companies to play nicely

,----[ Quote ]
| When Bdale Garbee speaks, people in the free and open source software worlds
| stop and listen. Let me reword that a bit - when Bdale Garbee speaks, people
| in the technology industry stop and listen.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22746/1148/

LCA2009: Publicising a FOSS project

,----[ Quote ]
| Some years ago, when journalists made the switch to public relations, it was
| generally the case that their vocabulary underwent a dramatic switch.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22751/1148/

LCA2009: Microsoft man encounters Linux storm

,----[ Quote ]
| Crumpton, platform strategy manager at Microsoft Australia, had no idea of
| the passionate questioning he would come up against when he gave his talk,
| the last for the day, at a mini-conference titled "The Business of Open
| Source."
|
| Humour and deprecatory remarks are generally adopted when one tries to make
| oneself comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, and Crumpton went it whole
| hog.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22752/1148/

LCA2009: the leader of the band