[News] Fedora 10 Works Great, Red Hat on Good Course to Success

Review: Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Ignoring the proprietary graphic drivers issue (which, if you're a Fedora
| veteran you won't have any issue with anyway) Fedora comes across as a very
| solid, stable and clean distribution. Their repositories are large and
| there's a strong user community to ensure that bugs are squashed and the
| noobs get the support or flames they deserve. If you're wondering what your
| next distribution might be, have Fedora 10 on your short-list of ones to try
| out.
`----

http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=104

Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst: It's OK to Say 'I'm Sorry'

,----[ Quote ]
| In a brief interview after his speech, Whitehurst said his first preference
| would be to remain at N.C. State's Centennial Campus, where the company now
| occupies two buildings.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Red-Hat-CEO-Jim-Whitehurst-Its-OK-to-Say-Im-Sorry-65813.html

Recent:

Fedora 11 release name

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 11 release name is:
|
|   Leonidas
|
| The full GPG-signed message from our election coordinator, Nigel
| Jones, is attached.  Thank you to the community for their suggestions,
| Josh Boyer and the Board for their work on additional diligence
| searches, and Nigel Jones for setting up the voting.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-January/msg00010.html

Fedora 10 Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| I decided to switch my desktop back to Linux now that I know I can play
| Counter-Strike in VirtualBox thanks to the OpenGL 3D acceleration availible
| in VirtualBox 2.1.0. I *was* going to go back to the ‘ol reliable Ubuntu, but
| I decided since I have Nvidia graphics now, that I would try out Fedora 10
| since the drivers are availible in RPMFusion’s repo.
|
| [...]
|
| Fedora has always been known to have great artwork, and Fedora 10 is no
| exception. The default look and feel is very sharp and professional. Fonts
| rendering is also very nice - seems better than the defaults in Ubuntu. I
| tend to use defaults for themes and such, so while the theme isn’t hugely
| important, having a nice theme as default is a niceity for me. I grow tired
| of the “brown” in Ubuntu (it’s depressing :-) )
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/fedora-10-impressions/

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm