Re: Writing a book on Linux for students, suggestions please

Verily I say unto thee, that RyanMcCoskrie spake thusly:

> I intend on writing a book on Linux for students in high school and
> university with KUbuntu as a case study.

Well "case study" is a bit vague.

Do you intend to write:

a) ... A technical manual
b) ... A TCO report
c) ... An introduction to GNU/Linux
d) ... An analysis of the Free Software licensing model
e) ... A review of KUbuntu
f) ... A GNU/Linux vs Windows/Mac comparison
g) ... A platform migration viability study
h) ... A review of Free Software educational applications
i) ... A Free Software based SOA business proposal
j) ... A GNU/Linux systems administrator's handbook
k) ... A GNU/Linux user's guide
l) ... A comparison of GNU/Linux distributions
m) ... A GNU/Linux advocacy monograph
n) ... A biography of Canonical and Mark Shuttleworth
o) ... A chronicle of the evolution of the Ubuntu series of GNU/Linux
       distributions: From Debian to KUbuntu
p) ... A KUbuntu fanzine
q) ... An "Everybody Loves KUbuntu" comic strip
r) ... A history report on the development of computer operating systems
s) ... The journal of a KUbuntu user: from novice to expert
t) ... 101 KUbuntu limericks
u) ... KUbuntu and the Grassy Knoll: A True Account
v) ... KUbuntu Foo: The Art of Enlightenment
w) ... A Stephen King horror novel, featuring KUbuntu as the villain
x) ... A Mills and Boon romance novel, featuring KUbuntu as the love
       interest
y) ... The KUbuntu diet plan
z) ... All of the above

> I'm not much of a *buntu fan because of all the safety nets

Safety nets?

> Suggestions on what to include any one?

I suggest words formed into sentences, occasionally divided by
punctuation, then further constructed into paragraphs containing
references to the subject matter, with a detailed analysis of that
subject matter organised into chapters, and finally ending with a
conclusion. Be sure to use your own words, and not those found elsewhere
such as in a dictionary, otherwise you may be found guilty of copyright
violation - an offence punishable by death in certain states of the USA.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 07:39:53 up 74 days, 15:22,  5 users,  load average: 4.14, 4.04, 4.02