[News] Doing Ajax with Free Software

Is Web 2.0 Possible with Existing Open Source Technologies?

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, if you sift through those eight million Google hits, you'll find
| only a handful of open source technologies that address the problems
| associated with pushing content asynchronously to the user through standard
| browser mechanisms. We'll provide an overview of those technologies later,
| but first some basics.
`----

http://soa.sys-con.com/node/630075

Recent:

Django 1.0.1 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the previously-announced schedule, today the Django team has
| released Django 1.0.1. This is a bugfix-only release containing fixes and
| improvements to the Django 1.0 codebase, and is a recommended upgrade for
| anyone using or targeting Django 1.0.
`----

http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2008/nov/15/101/

Django 1.0 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| I really can’t stress enough how amazing our community of users and
| developers are. About half of the code that’s gone into Django over the past
| three years has been contributed by someone other than a core committer.
| Since our last stable release, we’ve made over 4,000 code commits, fixed more
| than 2,000 bugs, and edited, added, or removed around 350,000 lines of code.
| We’ve also added 40,000 lines of new documentation, and greatly improved what
| was already there.
`----

http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2008/sep/03/1/

Using Django on Jython

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, Django works on Jython, without any special patching. Right now it
| is recommended to use the development version of both projects, but as soon
| as Django and Jython ship a new stable release, you will be able to use that
| too.
`----

http://wiki.python.org/jython/DjangoOnJython

Deploying and tuning Django