[News] Review of Audio Applications for GNU/Linux Tribler BitTorrent

Holiday Cheer, Holiday Uncheer - Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing my holiday machine maintenance saga I move on to some notable
| trials and tribulations with Ubuntu, but not before I report on a little more
| holiday cheer.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/holiday-cheer-holiday-uncheer-part-2

Tribler: BitTorrent and Beyond

,----[ Quote ]
| P2P (peer-to-peer) is the nature of the Net. You can fight that, or you can
| embrace it. Here in the US, the mainstream entertainment business has mostly
| been fighting it. Hollywood and its phone and cable company allies have long
| regarded P2P, and BitTorrent in particular, as a copyright piracy system and
| a bandwidth hog. In the European Union, however, P2P is more than accepted:
| it's supported by the Union itself.
|
| [...]
|
| “Everything we're doing is based on open source”, says Johan Pouwelse, PhD,
| scientific director of P2P-Next and Assistant Professor of Computer Science
| at Delft. The good doctor also runs P2P-Next's first trial application:
| Tribler (pronounced “tribe-ler”), a BitTorrent-based client with no servers
| and a “zero-cost” business model. Tribler provides an all-in-one way to find,
| consume and share media.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/tribler-bittorrent-and-beyond

If Linux is the platform of choice for Hollywood, then why look anywhere elee?

Recent:

The November Cornucopia: One Month In Linux Audio

,----[ Quote ]
| This week I'm your straight reporter bringing you news of
| of updates, upgrades, and new releases in the world of
| Linux audio software. Development in this world is
| continuously productive, so I'll present only a selection
| of the Linux sound and music applications and utilities
| announced in the month of November in the year 2008.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/november-cornucopia-one-month-linux-audio

Audio/Visual Synthesis: The New Arts, Part 2

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-new-arts-part-2

Audio/Visual Synthesis For Linux: The New Art, Part 1

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-linux-new-art-part-1

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/05/five-of-best-linux-music-players.html