Re: the Netware Microsoft relationship ..

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>> Doug Mentohl wrote:

>>> comes v Microsoft
>>> http://iowa.gotthefacts.org/011607/7000/PX07689.pdf
>>
>> Why are you posting this ancient stuff?    Wasn't posting the link
>> to it enough?
>
> Why are you dogging Doug on it?

Presumably for the same reason Microsoft tried to bury this court
evidence, because it embarrasses them; reveals their true criminal
nature; and poses a potential problem in the future when it's used as
evidence against them again. The continued existence and exposure of
this evidence makes the work of Microsoft's legion of denialists and
revisionists impossible.

> It's interesting stuff.

It's a crucial historical reference of the software industry's kingpin
racketeers in action. It's also highly relevant to Linux advocacy, since
it is Microsoft's dominance of the software industry, and the gangster
methods they use to secure that dominance, which inhibits Linux adoption.

> Many people won't follow links,

More importantly, the binary blob PDFs are exposed to Google indexing in
plain text format, thus making research on the subject much easier, and
furthering the exposure of Microsoft's criminal behaviour.

> but they should know about Microsoft's deliberate and harmful
> ass-dragging, which continues to this day.

Microsoft's lack of compliance with the antitrust remedies brought
against them is the least of their crimes.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 03:42:41 up 71 days, 11:25,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.27, 0.42