[News] New VirtualBox from Sun, Java Control Debate

Sun enhances VirtualBox with Version 2.1 updates

,----[ Quote ]
| With an impressive 25,000 downloads a day, and downloads up 120 percent over
| last quarter, Sun seems to be doing a good job at breaking through the noise
| of the desktop virtualization market.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2009/01/sun_improves_vi.html

Java forks, rivers, and streams

,----[ Quote ]
| There are any number of very good reasons why Sun open-sourced Java, but
| there are always wrinkles. Among them is the loss of control for the
| central "authority" of the language -- Sun, the JCP, what have you. At first
| blush, this is bad mostly for the control freaks at said central authority,
| and why should we care about their hang-ups, right? If they wanted to keep
| everything under control, they shouldn't have open-sourced it.
`----

http://www.javaworld.com/community/?q=node/2249

Recent:

5 Reasons VirtualBox Rocks My Socks

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately I've been interested in learning about a variety of the Operating
| Systems that are available today. I'm a big advocate of using the right tool
| for the job so experimenting with the latest OSes is a must in order to
| figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each. While experimentation is a
| great way to learn it can be a bit of a pain to find an old machine, format
| the hard drive, and install an OS. Dual booting is an alternative option, but
| there is the inherent risk of messing up the current state of your machine.
`----

http://www.fiascode.com/general-technology/5-reasons-virtualbox-rocks-my-socks/

5 Linux-based Virtualization Companies to Watch

,----[ Quote ]