[News] Preview of Ext4 and Fast Booting in Next Ubuntu Linux

Ubuntu 9.04's blazing boot times

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Linux kernel 2.6.28, released on Christmas Eve 2008, delivered a stable
| implementation of the ext4 filesystem, and this is now included in Ubuntu’s
| daily development builds. It’s this filesystem which is getting geeks
| worldwide all steamy under their collar.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22671/1141/

Recent:

Migration Assistant In Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| When checking out a recent daily LiveCD of Ubuntu 9.04 (the Jaunty
| Jackalope), the migration wizard found in the Ubiquity installer now supports
| migrating files from an Ubuntu installation.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk3Ng

Artwork for Ubuntu Jaunty Already Impressive

,----[ Quote ]
| Just before Intrepid Ibex came out, I had a few things to say about the new
| artwork. In a last-minute switch, things improved a little, but I was still
| never impressed with Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex in the way that Fedora 10 or Ubuntu
| Hardy Heron impressed me. It seems we are barely even started into the new
| release cycle, yet I can already say there are some very promising choices.
| Below are a selection of my favorites: (A number are proposed specifically
| for the betas, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t be used.)
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2009/01/07/artwork-for-ubuntu-jaunty-already-impressive/

Jaunty Alpha 2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Pre-releases of Jaunty are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable
| system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even
| frequent breakage.  They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and
| those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs.
|
| Alpha 2 is the second in a series of milestone CD images that will be
| released throughout the Jaunty development cycle.  The Alpha images are
| known to be reasonably free of showstopper CD build or installer bugs, while
| representing a very recent snapshot of Jaunty.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2008-December/000516.html

An early glimpse of Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]