[News] ZDNet Writer User Ditches Apple for GNU/Linux

The end of my love affair with Apple?

,----[ Quote ]
| I, for one, have become reacquainted with Linux and its incredible
| flexibility on a wide variety of hardware. Linux allows me to have a “real
| computer” inside some very inexpensive hardware, whether netbooks or
| extremely cheap desktops. Even if Apple starts dumping their remaining white
| MacBooks on educational institutions, we’re still going to be looking at $800
| a pop. Their more interesting products climb quickly.
|
| [...]
|
| Apple is losing its luster for me. I’ll always feel warm and fuzzy inside
| walking into an Apple Store, but the other night we were talking about how to
| meet the computing needs of our family of six. Three out of four kids are
| using computers all the time for school now (and are far more likely to pop
| onto a computer than watch TV, a trend that I welcome happily). My youngest
| rarely “needs” a computer for school, but can easily make use of one (and is
| frequently bumped from a computer by his older brothers who actually need
| them to type papers, create presentations, conduct research, etc.).
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=2031

Apple fanboy defects to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| SELF-CONFESSED Apple fanboy Christopher Dawson has decided that it is too
| expensive keeping his addiction to the hi-tech toys going and has defected to
| Linux.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/426/1050426/apple-fanboy-defects-to-linux

Recent:

Ask Apple to Support Ogg on iPod/iTunes

,----[ Quote ]
| Please ask Apple to support Ogg on their iPods, iPhones, and iTunes! It
| wouldn't hurt to also sign this petition (and maybe this one), though I don't
| know how strongly they'd influence Apple. Here's why, as good news and bad
| news.
`----

http://www.dwheeler.com/blog/2009/01/10/#ask-apple-support-ogg-ipod

Jobs Health Rumor Hits Apple Stock