[News] Launchpad Goes Open Source, Roadmap Published

The Roadmap To An Open-Source Launchpad

,----[ Quote ]
| On July 22nd of 2008 we shared that the source-code to Launchpad.net would be
| released by Canonical within the next twelve months. Mark Shuttleworth had
| made this announcement during OSCON 2008.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk4Ng

Related:

Launchpad 2.0 Radically Improves Collaboration for Open Source Projects

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Inc. announced today a major new release of Launchpad, including
| features that make collaborative development faster and more flexible and
| allowing users to integrate their standalone project infrastructure with
| Launchpad.

Launchpad Source-Code Within 12 Months

,----[ Quote ]
| To this point though, Launchpad isn't available under a free software license
| aside from its Storm component. However, Mark Shuttleworth has stated this
| afternoon that within the next 12 months they expect to release the
| source-code to Launchpad.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYwOA

Launchpad: Ubuntu backer seeks open-source collaboration

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux backer Canonical has launched a beta version of its Launchpad
| service, part of an effort to make open-source programming methods a better
| match for Microsoft. Launchpad was founded to run the Ubuntu project, but
| it's now open to other projects. Three such projects — Zope, SilvaCMS and
| Jokosher — are hosted there now.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/press/en/launchpad007

[Launchpad to Possibly Pick AGPLv3]