[News] Another Notebook Comes with GNU/Linux Preloaded

SMART Notebook 10 Available For Core Linux Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| SMART Technologies has announced the availability of SMART Notebook 10
| software for the latest core distributions of the Linux operating system.
| SMART Notebook 10 software now supports five core Linux distributions,
| including Ubuntu 8.04, openSUSE 10.03, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1, Fedora
| Core 9, and Debian 4.0 (Etch) r3.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/31421/news.htm

Recent:

Instant-on PCs Could Take off With Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale is also looking to add fast-boot capabilities to future Linux-based
| netbooks with its Arm-based i.MX515 processors, which the company introduced
| at CES. The company demonstrated an i.MX515-powered netbook made by Pegatron,
| an Asus spin-off, at the show.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156879/instanton_pcs_could_take_off_with_netbooks.html?tk=rss_news

Netbooks take center stage at CES

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE50A24020090111

A hands-on look at the Splashtop instant-on Linux environment

http://www.linux.com/feature/128004

Splashtop: boot into Linux in just five seconds

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a quad-core CPU, super-fast hard disks and heaps of RAM
| – Linux is already pretty darn nippy if you ask me!
|
| Perhaps. But, let's face it: if it takes more than 30
| seconds to get from pressing the power button to you
| reading your email, that's 30 seconds you could have
| spent chatting to the pretty lady in the cubicle next
| to you, reading the latest XKCD comic or – most
| importantly of all – basking in the glow of the
| most recent issue of Linux Format magazine.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/splashtop-boot-into-linux-in-just-five-seconds-486831

Related:

Preboot environment turns PC into CE

http://www.deviceguru.com/2008/01/18/preboot-environment-turns-pc-into-ce/

SplashTop Running On Prototype ASUS Notebook

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=965&num=1

CES 2008: DeviceVM's Splashtop

http://techgage.com/article/ces_2008_devicevms_splashtop

Embedded Linux goes Open Source

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11/21/asus_p5e3_embedded_linux_goes_open_source/1

SplashTop Source Code Released

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=915&num=1

ASUS add WiFi-N, quick-boot Linux to P5E3 motherboard

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-add-wifi-n-quick-boot-linux-to-p5e3-motherboard-267643.php