[News] SCO Goes Broke, Sells Assets

SCO: Garbage Time

,----[ Quote ]
| It's garbage time now for SCO. Those of you who follow basketball know
| exactly what I mean. This is when the winning team, Linux, and its chief
| champions in the SCO lawsuits. Novell and IBM, can send in the reserves from
| the end of the bench. SCO's lawsuits are smashed to bits.
|
| As the clock ever so slowly winds down, SCO is now dumping what was once its
| heart, its Unix OpenServer and UnixWare business, and its newer mobile
| software, to continue its forlorn lawsuits. SCO has filed a new
| reorganization plan with the federal bankruptcy court in Delaware on January
| 8th.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sco_garbage_time

Technology company SCO Group proposes sale of assets

,----[ Quote ]
| The embattled SCO Group Inc. is proposing to auction off its core products
| and use proceeds to continue its controversial lawsuits over the alleged
| violations of its copyrights in Linux open-source software.
|
| The Lindon company has filed a new reorganization plan with the federal court
| in Delaware where it sought bankruptcy protection from creditors after an
| adverse ruling in the Linux litigation.
|
| If approved by a bankruptcy judge, the plan could mean SCO's server software
| and mobile products lines are owned by other parties while SCO itself
| remained largely to pursue the lawsuits under the leadership of CEO Darl
| McBride.
|
| "One goal of this approach is to separate the legal defense of its
| intellectual property from its core product business," McBride said in a
| letter to customers, partners and shareholders.
|
| Jeff Hunsaker, president and COO of The SCO Group, said the litigation had
| been distracting to the company's efforts to market its products.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_11416203

It's 2009 and SCO are maintaining the Linux rage - what the?

,----[ Quote ]
| Nevertheless, on March 6th 2003 The SCO Group filed a $1 billion lawsuit in
| the United States against IBM for allegedly “devaluing” its version of the
| UNIX operating system. The damages were later increased to $3b and
| subsequently further revised to $5b.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22601/1141/

"On the same day that CA blasted SCO, Open Source evangelist Eric
Raymond revealed a leaked email from SCO's strategic consultant Mike
Anderer to their management. The email details how, surprise surprise,
Microsoft has arranged virtually all of SCO's financing, hiding behind
intermediaries like Baystar Capital."

                --Bruce Perens

"Microsoft hardly needs an SCO source license. Its license payment to
SCO is simply a good-looking way to pass along a bribe..."

                --Bruce Perens

Recent:

SCO to file bankruptcy plan tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]
| After a great deal of courtroom drama and mounting legal
| fees, the SCO Group is expected to file its Chapter 11
| bankruptcy plan in court tomorrow.
|
| Jeff Hunsaker, SCO’s president, wouldn’t provide exact
| details of the plan, but he said the reorganization will
| hopefully help the company come out of Chapter 11
| bankruptcy, which the company filed for in September 2007.
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/link/33139

New Filings -- Novell's bill of costs

,----[ Quote ]