[News] New Signs of Growth for Open Source Software

Hyperic Enlists Partners For Open-Source App Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source and cloud computing are hot today, so its no surprise Hyperic,
| which plays in both technology spaces, says it's having good luck recruiting
| solution providers to the channel program it launched in October. The company
| said its partner ecosystem now accounts for 30 percent of its sales and that
| number is growing.
|
| Even the tough economic climate may be aiding Hyperic. The company develops
| open-source tools for monitoring and managing the performance of Web
| applications, including those deployed on premise or hosted through
| cloud-computing systems. Jeff Santelices, Hyperic business development vice
| president, said companies are trying to control their IT operating costs, and
| that's boosting demand for Hyperic's software.
`----

http://www.crn.com/it-channel/212701634

Customer Service, Say “Hello,” to Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| On a mission to bring open source and software-as-a-
| service (SaaS) to the customer service and support markets, SpiceCSM has
| introduced their first set of
| products to the open source community. Using www.opencsm.org as its open
| source community portal,
| SpiceCSM is dedicated to delivering solutions that are tailored for customer
| service organizations such
| as call centers and help desks.
`----

http://press-releases.techwhack.com/31694-spicecsm

Recent:

Open Source Systems Management: Hyperic generates Momentum Europe-wide

,----[ Quote ]
| How about Hyperic’s Europe expansion?
|
|     Hyperic’s open source management solution has solicited tremendous
|     interest globally. What we have found is that close to 50% of our
|     download volume is from outside of the US. The download volumes we
|     started to see in Europe - both for our community offering and our
|     enterprise offering - have been substantial. We recognize that in order
|     to serve this community effectively we need to have a more localized
|     approach.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/09/16/open-source-systems-management-hyperic-generates-momentum-europe-wide/

Related:

Hyperic Adds Xen Support

,----[ Quote ]
| My favorite new virt-specific metric: CPU % Stolen. Yup, it's what it sounds
| like; thanks to the Xen/Linux base, the developers offer up stats on
| over-allocated virt processors. Ever run into a clocked CPU in one of your
| Xen VMs when nothing is really happening on the guest? CPU % Stolen
| identifies the problem - and the thief. You’ll be able to see what other VM
| is poaching cycles from your dedicated resource. This new stat is Xen-only;
| Hyperic doesn’t have a hook into this metric for VMware ESX.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/08/hyperic_adds_xe.html

Hyperic & OpenNMS - Better Together

,----[ Quote ]
| I am very excited to have finally formalized our relationship with the Order
| of the Green Polo, the folks that run OpenNMS.
`----

http://www.hyperic.com/blog/hyperic/2008/03/06/hyperic-opennms-better-together/

Red Hat, Hyperic start open-source project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/14/Red-Hat-Hyperic-start-open-source-project_1.html