[News] Patent Troll Attacks Microsoft, Intellectual Monopoles Are Anti-competitive

  • Subject: [News] Patent Troll Attacks Microsoft, Intellectual Monopoles Are Anti-competitive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:26:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Patent-troll sues entire security industry over behavior-based tech

,----[ Quote ]
| The suit names the following industry players: Symantec, Microsoft, AVG, CA,
| Check Point Software, Comodo, ESET, F-Secure, iolo technologies, Kaspersky
| Lab, McAfee, MicroWorld Technologies, NetVeda, Norman Data Defense Systems,
| Novell, PC Tools, PWI, Sophos, Sunbelt Software, Trend Micro, Velocity Micro,
| and Webroot Software.
`----

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/200902/2748/Patent-troll-sues-entire-security-industry-over-behavior-based-tech

Can't Compete? Sue For Patent Infringement!

,----[ Quote ]
| It happens over and over again... if you can't innovate to compete, why not
| litigate to compete? Broadband Reports points out that Charter Communications
| is now suing Verizon for patent infringement relating to Verizon's FiOS fiber
| optic internet connections.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090108/1112063334.shtml

US ITC Initiates LCD Screen Patent Investigation

,----[ Quote ]
| O2's complaint accuses the five companies of importing products containing
| LCD (liquid crystal display) screens that violate a series of patents owned
| by the company, the ITC said in a news release.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156779/us_itc_initiates_lcd_screen_patent_investigation.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Is The UK Patent Office Ignoring Court Ruling On Software Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081217/0308033150.shtml