[News] GNOME Has New Disk Formatter

A New, Easy To Use Disk Formatter For GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| GParted is an excellent GNOME program for editing partitions, changing
| file-systems, and performing related disk tasks. However, GParted is not
| exactly the ideal program for new Linux users to familiarize themselves with
| if all they want to do is format a USB drive or external storage device.
| Fortunately, a new GNOME utility has come about that supersedes GFloppy and
| is designed to be a simple yet powerful disk formatting utility. In this
| article we are taking an introductory look at GNOME Format.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gnome_format&num=1

Recent:

GNOME's Stormy Peters on the Most Important Desktop Issue

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME Foundation executive director, Stormy Peters, recently wrote a bit
| about why the focus on "the KDE versus GNOME" debate is not the real issue.
| Many commenters on her post agree (while others actively demonstrate) that it
| is counterproductive.
`----

http://ostatic.com/177016-blog/gnomes-stormy-peters-on-the-most-important-desktop-issue

What's Up with the GNOME Linux Desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Peters noted that following the release of KDE 4 there was some talk among
| GNOME developers to try and push out GNOME 3. But Peters said the decision
| was made not to try and rush out a major version release number in response
| to competition
|
| "We are looking at GNOME 3.0 not for the short term but for the long term,"
| Peters said. " We're looking at how the Internet has changed and how people
| interact with their computers."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3782496/Whats+up+with+the+GNOME+Linux+Desktop.htm

Motorola and Google become GNOME sponsors

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/03/motorola-and-google-become-gnome-sponsors