[News] Free Software as the Right Way to Go, MuleSource Gets Foothold in France

Free Software And Proprietary Dead-ends

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m really great with developers selling their work, but I believe they’re
| shooting themselves in their feet, if they use GPL’ed software in the first
| place as a platform or market, and then do not use the powerful legal tools
| at their disposal in the GPL and other free licenses, to leverage the reach
| and further refinement of what they do. And I believe users who are too
| impatient with open source communities and hobbyist free software developers
| and pay for themes and plugins help trap themselves and their developers in
| closed circles, which will lead them nowhere while the open communities grow
| stronger. There’s a real danger however, that great developer talent will
| wind up in these kinds of dead-end relationships, which doesn’t expose their
| projects to the open scrutiny of global free software communities. There’s
| also a real danger that open source software projects won’t spawn the
| businesses and startups they need, in order to create thriving communities
| and cultivate collaborative efforts to create even better architectures for
| facilitating the development of great free software. This may happen if
| developers and startups decline from using the GPL or other copyleft
| strategies, out of the misunderstanding and fear that they can’t make money
| on something which is “free”.
`----

http://stream.kaplak.com/2009/01/04/free-software-and-proprietary-dead-ends/

MuleSource Partners With FastConnect to Meet Rising Demand in France

,----[ Quote ]
| MuleSource, the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture
| (SOA) infrastructure software, today announced a partnership with
| FastConnect, a Paris-based IT consultancy, to provide Mule architecture and
| implementation services throughout the French market.
`----

http://dmnnewswire.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=620861

Recent:

Open source, Facebook smuggled into work by Generation Y

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://management.silicon.com/itdirector/0,39024673,39338400,00.htm?r=1