Re: [News] MIT Buys Monopolies Using Other People's Work

Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
> Hadron wrote:

>> Ah! You're off again thinking this research and these ideas cost
>> "nothing" !
>>
>> LOL
>
> Prove I stated that in the context of this thread.

Hardon seems to think that just because someone invests money, they must
have some kind of automatic entitlement to recover that investment,  and
that therefore legalised racketeering is somehow morally acceptable, and
indeed necessary. But business is an opportunity not a right. Guarantees
of profit shouldn't be enforced by law, especially when those guarantees
are in direct conflict with the principles of academia.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 15:21:53 up 60 days, 23:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.04