Re: What is Linux and why is it so popular?

"DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Mart van de Wege wrote:
>> OK <otto@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> <snip stats>
>>>
>>> Wow, stats from a wopping 3000 hits... is that a year's worth of
>>> visitors on your site, or two years perhaps?
>>>
>>> Go, Linux, Go!!!
>>>
>>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9&qpcustom=Linux
>>
>> But Terry gives his source and raw data, so we can verify *his* stats.
>
> How so?  He's a dumbshit liar here on cola, so what makes you think his data
> can be trusted?

He gives more data than the hitslink.net folks, who play coy with
marketing BS on the source of their data.

On the face of it, anyone who does produce raw numbers appears more
credible than that.

But then again, in order to understand that, you'd actually have to
have brain. Not going to happen in your case, now is it?

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.