Re: What is Linux and why is it so popular?

Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> <snip>

>>> Yet your trojan infected site is? LOL!
>>>
>>> Their study was a non biased hit count on OS agnostic sites. I think we
>>> know who is to be trusted.
>>
>> So, tell me, Quack, where do the good folks from hitlink tell us what
>> sites exactly are tested and how?
>>
>> Mart
>

> Wow. Talk about missing the point.
>
> Go read here:
>
> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/

Yes, I saw that site.

Now, how about some details? What sites are tested? How do they
correct their numbers for confounding factors? What is their exact
methodology? Do they offer access to the raw data?

The answers are in order: we don't tell, we don't tell, we don't tell, no.

In other words, their numbers may as well be made up. In terms of
serious statistics, they are *worthless*.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.